Frequently Asked Questions
Question: How and when do I pay my rent?
Rent payments are due on the first of every month.
Our primary form of rent collection is online through Pre-Authorized Debit – this completed form can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also pay by postdated cheque, which can be delivered to our office at 426 Barrie St, Kingston. Please still note in an email to email@example.com that these postdated cheques have been dropped off so we are sure they were received.
Question: How do I sublet or assign my lease?
If you are sub-leasing your room, you will act as the landlord to the sub-leaser during the time they are staying. That is, you will accept rent payment from the individual, and the regular monthly rent will still be taken from your preferred payment you have set up with us. You will take full responsibility for the tenants actions and behaviours during their time of tenancy.
If you are interested in sub-leasing your room in your house, you must find a subtenant on your own, and you will need to sign and submit a sub-lease agreement. You can email the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please e-transfer $40 processing fee to email@example.com.
- You have found an appropriate individual to assign your lease to, and provide confirmation of their:
- Contact Info:
- Full Name
- Current Rental Information
- Current Address
- Current Landlord
- Current Landlord Phone
- Current Occupation
- School Name, Current Year, & Program
- Current Employer Name
- Employer Phone
- Proof of Monthly Income (Pay stubs)
- Credit Score (Many free services can be found)
- Contact Info:
2. Screenshot of proof of $350 processing fee that has been successfully e-transferred to firstname.lastname@example.org
3. A copy of your lease agreement, updated to remove the current tenant and add the new tenant (Page 1 & Page 7). All roommates must initial next to each change.
Note: the lease addition is not completed until approved by Axon Properties.
Question: How do I submit a general maintenance request?
Maintenance requests can be submitted by filling out a Maintenance Request Form. Please be detailed in your request to provide all the information our team will need to help solve the issue.
This form will be submitted directly to our maintenance team, and is the fastest way to have your request addressed.
Question: What if I have a maintenance emergency?
A maintenance request is only considered an emergency when you are experiencing lack of a vital service, such as heat, hot water, or power. Or, you do not have a functioning smoke or CO2 detector.
For a maintenance emergency, please call 613-417-3365 and follow the prompts to reach our maintenance emergency line.
Question: What happens when my lease term ends? Can I renew my lease?
- You can give proper 60 days-notice prior to the end of your tenancy and move out at the end of your term. Submit this notice by emailing email@example.com
- You can resign for another fixed term and agree to a new fixed term tenancy agreement for 12 months.
- Do nothing and your fixed term tenancy agreement will automatically convert to a month-to-month tenancy. You don’t have to move out, rent will continue to be paid on the 1st of every month, and your last months’ rent deposit will be held until you decide to move out. All of the other terms of the former lease still apply.
- You can give proper 60 days-notice to end your tenancy and move out on the last day of respective move-out month. Submit this notice by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Question: How do I sign up for a Utilities account?
All information regarding signing up for utilities accounts can be found online at utilitieskingston.com or by calling Utilities Kingston at 613-546-1181.
Question: How do I request a rent receipt?
The easiest way to get your rental receipts is to submit a request online through our Rental Receipt Request Form.